CCA and the Russian Branch of the ETCS organize:
- traditional conferences “Biology of Cultured Cell” once 3 years,
- permanently working seminar “Cytoskeleton”.
CONFERENCES PLANNED FOR 2004
On May 23 –
Institute of Experimental Biophysics of the
November 2004, in
1. State of research on development of methods and technologies of cryoconservation for plant and animal cells, tissues, and organs, possibilities of their use in solving problems of mobilization of genetic resources for production of alimentary products, raw materials for pharmacological industry, preservation of biological diversity, as well as reproductive medicine.
2. Creation of national and regional programs of preservation of genetic resources, with use of cryotechnologies and other biotechnologies, including works on cryopreservation of genomes of rare and extinguishing species.
3. Problems of international cooperation in development of cryotechnologies and formation of network of national or international genetic cryobanks for preservation and steady use of bioresources.
4. Proposals to the International Cold Institute for the Strategic plan of its perspective actions.
Organizing and Scientific Committee: Telephones: (812) 247-18-59, 247-18-29. Nataliya Andreevna Belozerskaya. E-mail address: email@example.com
On October 25-27, 2004, the Scientific Counsel of cell biology and immunology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Cytology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Association of Specialists in Cell Cultures, and Society of Cell Biology will hold in St. Petersburg the International Symposium of cell biology in culture on the problem «Stem cells, regeneration, cellular therapy».
The following problems are proposed for discussion at the Symposium: embryonic stem cells, stem cells of the adult organism, molecular mechanisms of regulation of the cell cycle, role of microenvironment and intercellular interactions, role of stem cells in processes of regeneration, problems of transdifferentiation, substitutive cellular therapy. Invited reports and poster communications are planned. Materials of the Symposium will be published in the Journal «Tsitologiya», 2004, vol. 46, No. 9.
Organizing Committee: Nataliya Andreevna Belozerskaya. Tel.: (812) 247-18-59, 247-18-29.