Russian cell culture collection ( RCCC) is formed in 1978.
RCCC consists of 9 specialized collection.
1. Cell culture collection of vertebrates. Institute of Cytology RAS
Head of the collection: dr. G.P.Pinaev, dr.G.G.Poljanskaya.
The collection have cell lines of human and animal, using for fundamental and applied investigations in biology,
2. Cell culture collection of human and animals for virology. Institute of Grippe, RAMS.
S-Petersburg 197376, prof. Popov str. 15/17, tel (812) 2346196. Head of the collection: dr. M. Ju. Eropkin.
The collection have cell lines, including human diploid cell lines, using for virology.
3. Collection of continuous somatic cells of vertebrates. The D.I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology, RAMS.
dr. R.Ja. Podchernaeva.
The collection have cell lines of human and animals, using for virology and medicine.
4. Collection of continuous somatic cells of vertebrates for medical investigations. Ekaterinburg
Institute of Virus infections.
Ekaterinburg 620030, Letnjaja str. 23, tel. (3432) 619960, fax (3432) 619942.
Head of the collection: dr. N.P. Glinskikh.
The collection provides the virology investigations, production and control of immunobiological preparations.
5. Collection of domestic and wild animals continuous somatic cell cultures. All-Russian Research Institute
The collection deposits author's cell lines, isolate new hybrid and genetically transformed cell lines, performs
6. Collection of human somatic cells from patients with hereditary diseases.
dr. V.G. Chernikov.
The collection have the lines of skin fibroblasts from patients with hereditary diseases,
including chromosomal aberrations.
7. All-Russian specialized collection of continuous invertebrate cell lines. The N.I. Vavilov Institute of
general Genetics, RAS.
The collection have the cell lines of insects, using for somatic cell genetics, virology, cryobiology and
for test-system of ecological monitoring.
8. All-Russian collection of the higher plant cells. Timiryazev Institute of Plant physiology, RAS.
dr. I.N. Smolenskaya.
The collection have the cell cultures, producing biological active substances.
9. Collection of pRi T-DNA transformed roots of higher plants, Timiryazev Institute of Plant physiology, RAS.
dr. I.N. Kuzovkina.
The collection have the cell cultures of plant roots, transformed by Ri-plasmid Agrobact. rhizogenes, using
for production of physiological active substances and for study of the interaction of plant roots with vesicular
mycorrhizal fungi in vitro.
The main goals of RCCC are - collection of cell lines, including isolation of new cell lines for preservation
and enlargement of genofond; preservation of cell lines (cryoconservation); characterization of cell lines;
deposition of author's cell lines; creation of data bank; distribution of cultivated cells.
Cell samples are provided in two weeks after preliminary request.
The collection offers some services ( characterization, standartization and preservation of cell lines).
Catalogue includes comprehensive information about collection funds and properties of cell cultures available
in 9 specialized collections. The information about specialized collections 1 -5 is presented in general catalogue
- Russian cell culture collection of vertebrates ( RCCC V). The information about specialized collections 6 -9
is given in individual catalogues. In each catalogue the information about cell lines is given in alphabetical
order, according to cell line English abbreviation. In the catalogue RCCC V the information about human
cell lines is given first, followed by that about animal cell lines. In addition the list of cell lines is given which
at the moment are not completely characterized.
In the catalogue MWCMG all cell lines have identical characteristics at following points: morphology,
mode of cultivation, viability after cryoconcervation, sterility, application. Therefore, detailed information
is given for the first cell line only (IMG-58). Other lines are characterized by name, origin and specific
properties, if they are available. MWCMG cell lines are absent in the other collections.
Each catalogue contains the list of cell lines arranged according to their species index. Using the termin
"growth medium" involves culture medium, serum and other possible components.
Catalogue is presented on Russian and English.
[The link bar feature is not available in this web]